ALLY TWILIGHTED!!!!
OH YES SHE DIIIIDDDD!!!!
Can you believe that the whole day is fully booked? And the movie wasn't super amazing... but it kinda lived up to my expectations and I really want to watch it again! The whoolleee cinema was packed full with Twilighters so there were a lot of random giggles but it was good! So my movie disection:
Bella:
Was pretty good, all things accounted for. I hated her narratives, though. I would've preferred it to just be a movie but I guess they couldn't really run away from having her voice-over some parts. It's just that Kirsten Steward is a really awkward actress as it is so having her be even MORE awkward was, well... awkward. The whole movie was kinda strained and difficult and they cut out the first kiss scene so they really removed the whole "oh, the awkwardness is over" thing.
Edward:
He got like the worst lines of the movie. But otherwise, I think Spunk Ransom nailed it. I hope they give him better lines in the next movie. And there were some parts where he should've smiled but he didn't or some lines that could've been more funny, but they weren't. It was just a bit forced because the lines were kinda cheesy. I hope the next script for New Moon will be better because New Moon is already really depressing and if they don't "pimp" the script, it'll be a big disappointment.
The Cullens:
Rosalie looked too pale. Like they put a LOT of make-up on her. Esme was awesome. Alice was cool but Carlisle was a little too fun to be Carlisle. Emmett needed more lines. I HATED the way they portrayed Jasper. They made him look like a druggie around Bella and it was horrible. It should've been just a small close up on his face when she walked too close. So you could see his jaw tightening, maybe his hand clenching or something small like that cause I wanted him to look strong, tall, leonine: the way he should look like. He just looked weak but adorable. It was weird.
The Humans:
Bella's classmates like stole the movie. Eric, Tyler and Mike were AWESOME!!! But Jessica was kinda weird. Angela was a little too talkative to be the shy girl she is in the book, but overall it was good.
The Quilleutes:
Billy Black and Charlie's relationship was AWESOME in this movie. Like they really seemed to be old friends. Jacob was... Jacob. I'm sorry, I just don't like the guy that much. The other guys, Sam and Embry were cool. Embry is sooooooo pretty.
The Special Effects:
Were alright. I was glad they were kinda understated because that was something like how I pictured it in my head but I thought Edward running/moving could've been done better. I LOVED the carcrash scene.
The Plot Overall:
Could've been a bit more faithful the book and still been the same movie, I think. I hated how they played up James/Victoria/Laurent's characters cause I think they were scarier the way they were in the book. More normal and therefore more scary. I think the movie wasn't as scary or funny as I wanted it to be and that part disappointed me.
Over all, it was good. Not super-fantastic, but definitely worth another viewing. Oh, and I'm almost done with Hana Kimi! And I've started on Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but that's slow going. Anyways, that's all the allyism I have right now. Ciao Bella ;)