Gah. Great, I'm in tarik tali tomorrow!
Muddy shoes.
Sweaty being.
Missing out on pretty much free periods in class.
Why do I do this to myself, I ask you?
Oh right, cause I love KP. *thwacks self in the head*
Aaaaanyways, moving on.
I've just started on two new mangas from TOTALLY different genres that just happen to be absolutely wonderful.... and inactive.
Dolls by Naked Ape
It's a futuristic-sci-fi-action kinda thing about the Tokkei which is short for
Tokubetsu Shikeishikkou Keimukan Butai (特別死刑執行刑務官部隊) or the Official Unit for Punishment and Special Executions. They're an elite group of police formed by the governement of the 3rd Toutoh empire to deal with over-crowded prisons. The Tokkei put into practice what they call the Rationalization of a Trial (ROT) Act, which allows them to order executions without a trial when there is enough evidence against a criminal. It's kinda dark and twisted but the art is awesome and I think it rocks.
Honey Hunt by Miki Aihara
This is a full-out shojo manga but what's cool about it is that it has a pretty unique (in my opinion of mangas, which isn't saying much) storyline. It's about a girl named Yura Onozuka who's the daughter of two major stars in Japan's pop culture. Her parents have pretty much abandoned her to her own devices in a house on her own and she's always had to live under their shadow. To add to that, she has neither her mum's beauty and acting talent or her dad's musical ability so she's always been made fun of at school. One day, her mum comes home and tells her that she's getting a divorce from her dad and on top of that, she finds out that her mum is having an affair with the neighbour she has a crush on. It doesn't sound all too appealing, but bear with Yura's whinging for a chapter and you've got yourself a pretty good manga.