I wish I knew why right-clicking was disabled.
Click and drag to your tab bar
to open in a new tab! :)
JOURNALWEBMISTRESSTAGBOARDLINKAGEOTHERS
boo
Aloha =)
That's a pretty picture, innit?
Journal
Monday, August 24, 2009@ 6:08 AM
The Lengths We Go To
Sometimes I think women are pretty strange creatures.
We're mostly afraid of creepy crawlies, anything slimy, occasionally heights and in my case, beaches.
But when it comes to looking just right onparticular occasion, we seem to go to pretty extreme lengths just to make it happen.
I mean, first of all, we have to pick the right dress. Which, in my case, could take as short as 20 seconds of thought (if Karma happens to like me on that day) or up to 5 hours going riiight up to the time we're about to leave.
Next, we have to make sure we're well groomed. For me, it's making sure I pluck my eyebrows. I hate plucking them, or having them plucked. Well, I didn't hate it until I went to get them done on Saturday afternoon. I hadn't plucked them in ages so when I went to get them plucked this time...
OUCHOMGWHY
pretty much sums it up. It hurt sooooo much more than the last couple of times! But several "ouch"es and a little bit of tears (totally involuntary) later, I have nice eyebrows! Yay!
Then it's getting your makeup right. Which colors to use, which feature to play up, to be honest, normally eludes me. I have no clue how you're really meant to put on make-up, it's all a game of shooting in the dark with me. But every once in a while I get lucky and my misguided attempts at painting myself actually work out.
Then it's the bane of my existence: shoes. I'm terrible at picking good shoes to wear. I tend to buy just one pair and wear them everywhere. I've only got 3 pairs of shoes. A pair of black and white open-toed flats, a pair of blue, white-patterned sneakers and a pair of purple and gold heels. The first pair is pretty generic and an absolute bargain at 10 bucks. I wear them everywhere. The other two are a little more problematic. If you've seen my sneakers, you'll know what I mean. They're so... pattern-ey that it's hard to match them with anything without looking silly. The heels are unusually comfortable for heels. I've managed to go a good 8 hours in them for my cousin's wedding, but they don't go with anything but the black cheong sam I wore for that wedding. I mean seriously: PURPLE and GOLD.
And then, it's my hair. I have VERY stubborn hair (Bee, I think you can relate too, right? :P). But it sometimes works in my favor. It's been starting to do that more recently, probably cause of this conditioner I bought (should've listened to KP earlier :P).
Aaanyway, the whole reason for this bezarre confession of sorts was my grand-aunt's 70th birthday party on Saturday. For the third time in my life (literally, as far as I can remember) I felt like I looked good. Like really good. Or maybe it was just the Haagen-Dazs ice cream?
PS. My new favourite songs:
I Will - The Beatles
This is from the book Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (which is an awesome book, by the way) but this song just really made the whole book. The main character, Naomi, loses her memory and her best friend Will (I, Will - get it?) gives her this song on a mixtape she never listens to until the end of the book to remind her of the kiss they had the day before she lost her memory. It was also the last track on Will's late father's favourite record - The Beatles' White Album
Fire Cracker - Ellegarden
So the English isn't all that great in this song, but I REALLY like it. I'm really impressed by the fact that it's by a totally Japanese band and the rest of their music is pretty good too.
Back to studying. Ally out.
M.P.A.Q
Welcome to the Most Probably Asked Questions!.
"So it's not Nobuta Month anymore?" you ask? Well, no. I could decide what month it was going to be. It was almost DGM. It's back, btw :).
"What's up with the dog prints? For New Moon?" NO. Anisa took it while I was out in the park with her and Bee.
"So there isn't a theme this month?" Footprints? XD
I'm still deciding.
"So why not just change your whole layout?" Cause I like this one.
Why change it if I don't have to?
NEWS [JBoyband]
Buzzer Beat [JDrama]
Orthros no Inu [JDrama]
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac [ABOOKIREALLYREALLYWANTGETITFORMEPLEASE]
Ai Ai Gasa - Tegomass [A lovely song :)]
K-chan NEWS [Koyama's Radio Show]
Chocolate cake [A delicious chocolate-flavored desert]